OCEAN GROVE PRIMARY SCHOOL
The 7C of Learning for Living at OGPS
At OGPS we strive for excellence in each of the 7C areas. At the start of every school year, we run a program for every student called ‘Growing to be our best’. This program explicitly teaches our children about each of the 7C areas and explores what they look like in action.
We are very proud of how the 7Cs are part of all we do here at Grove!
Weekly 7C Awards
Selected students in Foundation to Year 4 receive weekly 7C awards. These are presented at our assemblies. The award recipients are displayed in the weekly school newsletter and on the library window.
Senior School Awards
Students involved: 5 – 6
SLC students will not receive 7C awards.
Students may be eligible to receive awards in the following categories at the end of each semester:
- Sports Colours
- Arts Colours
- Academic Colours
- Community Colours
Students will demonstrate point total evidence to teachers during House meetings.
- Demonstrate a clear record of cooperation as a member of the school.
- Suspension or significant detentions may render a student ineligible to gain points for one term.
- Demonstrate a consistent record of attendance at school events – Apple Fair, House Days.
- Full participation and attendance in relevant events for each category.
- Full compliance with school dress code for specific categories.
- Students apply for badges on the pro-forma available from the SLC.
- Applications should be supported by appropriate documentation.
- Applications for semester two start week one in term one and close at the end of that week. Applications for semester one start week one in term three and close at the end of that week.
- Seconded staff members in a student’s house will review all applications.
- Colours will be badges and will be awarded during assemblies.
For full details of points and a record form, please see the file below.